|Bad Boys II|
Official movie poster
|Release date||July 18, 2003|
Bad Boys II (2003) is an American action/comedy film starring Martin Lawrence and Will Smith. Directed by Michael Bay and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, it is a sequel to 1995's Bad Boys, and was released July 18, 2003.
The partners, who are under cover vice cops in Miami, are out to take down a Cuban drug lord Johnny Tapia (Jordi Molla). Tapia is smuggling Ecstasy into Miami.
This time the partners are keeping secrets from each other. Marcus has put in for a transfer to get away from his overbearing partner. Mike isn't being straight with his partner either. He's dating Marcus' younger sister, Syd (Gabrielle Union). There are secrets under secrets, Syd isn't the paper pusher she claims to be, but is working undercover with the DEA to bring Tapia to justice.
- Brian Anthony Wilson as Tapia Muscle Crew Member (uncredited)
- Jessica Sutta makes an uncredited appearance as a prostitute in Cuba
- Denise Quiñones makes an uncredited appearance as a prostitute in Cuba
- Taina makes an uncredited appearance as a prostitute in Cuba
- Megan Fox makes an uncredited appearance as a dancer in a club
- Ben Brocklehurst makes an appearance as uncredited agent
- Michael Bay makes an uncredited brief cameo in the film as the driver of the run-down compact car
- Dan Marino makes a brief cameo as himself, pulling up while he test drives a car
- Despite mainly negative reviews from professional critics, the film performed well at the box office, grossing $273,339,556 worldwide.